CrossFit FYR – CrossFit
Hang Snatch (Find 1 rm)
Metcon (2 Rounds for time)
STIMULUS and GOALS
2 rounds, score each round, 5:00 between rounds
21/16 cal row
15 thrusters (95/65)
9 rope climbs
21/16 cal row
• The focus is steady, moderate pacing across all sets while training to maintain a relatively high intensity.
• Ideally we want to test the first round out with a good 80% effort and see what that does to the body. With Set 1 as the tester, we make the necessary adjustments to maintain a fast pace to stay within the target time.
WORKOUT STRATEGY & FLOW
• Row: With this being the start/finish of each set we will attack both Rows differently. First Row should be approached with moderate intensity and focusing on not blowing up the lungs and body. Second row is all about finishing strong with what’s left in the tank. Both rows should be completed under 75 secs.
• Thrusters: Weight on thrusters needs to be set where we can maintain unbroken sets most, to all of the workout. Be explosive with each rep and focus on breathing at the top while relaxing the grip before the rope climbs.
• Rope climbs: This will definitely be the slower part of the workout but we are still attacking with caution. Listen to your body and don’t rush back to the rope if arms are starting to give out. Better to be safe and take the extra time needed instead of jumping back up and failing. Jump high on every climb and remember to utilize the legs more than arms to climb up the rope.
• The SCALING aim is to keep intensity while staying within the target times.
50 burpees for time. Every min on the min 6 jumping lunges
Plate to oh
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.